Broccoli Cheese Egg White Scramble
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen (thawed) broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 extra-large egg whites or 1 1/4 cups egg white substitute
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 whole-wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Finely chop broccoli. Coat a large nonstick sauté pan with cooking spray; warm over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and water; stirring frequently, cook until broccoli is limp, around 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer broccoli to a dish.
- In a bowl, add egg whites, milk, and pepper. Whisk together to combine.
- Split and toast each English muffin; set aside.
- Meanwhile, use a paper towel to wipe the sauté pan clean. Coat again with cooking spray and warm over medium-high heat. Add egg whites and use a spatula to stir eggs constantly until whites are almost firm, just a few minutes. Stir in cooked broccoli and cheese; remove from heat.
- To serve, place each English muffin half onto a plate. Divide egg mixture between each muffin, piling high with eggs. Serve with a fork and knife.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!