- 2 cups sifted flour, less if possible
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon 15% cream (any kind of cream from 10% to 35% will work fine)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla
- Granulated sugar, for decorating
Blend 1 cup flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla, and cream. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture, then add enough of remaining 1 cup flour to make dough stiff enough to roll. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill several hours. Preheat oven to 375°. Place dough on lightly floured cutting board and roll to 1/8? thickness. Use floured cookie cutters to cut into shapes. Place on an ungreased baking sheet, sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake 8 minutes.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!