- 2 heads iceberg lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large green peppers, seeded and diced
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 6 s shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (14.5 oz.) pkg. corn tortilla chips, broken
- 2 (12 oz.) jars creamy ranch salad dressing
- 1 (12 oz.) jar chunky salsa
- 2 lbs. ground beef
Tear and chop lettuce, onion, pepper and tomatoes, placing into large container. (Can divide between two clean plastic 5 quart ice cream buckets, hence the name.) Add cheese. Stir in two jars of Ranch dressing, and the salsa. Mix well. Set aside. Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium heat, stirring and crumbling as it cooks. Drain off fat. Just before serving, stir beef into salad and crumble in tortilla chips.
Serve as a side, or as a meal.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!