Reader’s Recipe : D. Flinner of Canton, OH
- 3 lbs. powdered sugar
- 1 lb. margarine, room temperature
- 2 lbs. creamy peanut butter
- 1 – 12 ounce package chocolate chips
- 1″ square paraffin
- Mix sugar, margarine and peanut butter.
- Shape into 1/2″ balls, chill overnight.
- Next day, melt chocolate chips and paraffin in a double boiler.
- Insert toothpicks into center of each ball. Carefully dip balls in hot chocolate.
- Coat balls half way so candy looks like a buckeye.
- Place on wax paper to cool.
- Store in airtight container in a cool place.
- Serve or keep indefinitely; Buckeyes freeze easily.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!