Submitted by: Lynne Almasy, Week Three’s Reader’s Kitchen 2016 Winner
- 1 lb. fusilli pasta
- 1 lb. sweet Italian sausage links, cooked and cut into 1” pieces
- 4 tomatoes cubed
- 2 med. zucchini cut into 1” pieces
- 2 summer squash cut into 1” pieces
- 1 med. onion sliced
- 3 crushed cloves of garlic
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 5 basil leaves
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place all vegetables, onion, and garlic in a roasting pan sprayed with PAM. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in a 452 degree oven for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes. Add cooked sausage. Mix with the cooked fusilli. Sprinkle with the cheese.
Note: A family favorite during the peak of gardening season.