- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (2 oz.) can black olives, sliced
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chili peppers
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 (16 oz.) jar taco sauce
- 2 (16 oz.) cans refried beans
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 9 oz. shredded Colby cheese
Preheat oven to 350° . In large skillet over medium heat, sauté ground beef for 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic, and sauté for 5 more minutes. Drain any excess fat, if desired. Mix in olives, green chile peppers, tomatoes with green chile peppers, taco sauce and refried beans. Stir mixture thoroughly, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Spread a thin layer of meat mixture in bottom of a 4 quart casserole dish. Cover with a layer of tortillas followed by more meat mixture, then a layer of cheese. Repeat tortilla, meat, cheese pattern until all tortillas are used, topping off with a layer of meat mixture and cheese. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes in preheated oven, or until cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!