- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups 2% lowfat milk (divided)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 (1.1 oz.) pkg. sugar-free vanilla instant pudding and pie filling*
- 2 egg whites
- whipped cream, if desired
Sprinkle gelatin over 1 cup milk. Add instant coffee. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is dissolved; set aside. Combine pudding and 1 cup milk. Add gelatin mixture and beat according to package directions. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into pudding. Spoon into four 6 oz. custard cups. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill several hours until set. Just before serving, garnish each serving with whipped cream.
*Note: Pudding can also be prepared using 1 (3 1/4 oz.) pkg. vanilla instant pudding and pie filling. The calories will be increased by 60 calories per serving.
American Dairy Association