- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating, stir until smooth.
- Dip the top of each cookie into the candy coating; allow excess to drip off.
- Dip into peppermint candy.
- Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!