- 6 large Spanish onions, peeled and cut in 8 wedges with root end attached
- nonstick olive oil spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (8 oz.) cans whole button mushrooms, drained and dried
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic, jarred or fresh
- 1/4 chopped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
Preheat oven to 400°. Coat onion wedges with spray oil, spread out in baking dish; season with salt and pepper. Roast 30 minutes until golden brown. Add mushrooms and garlic; roast another 15 to 20 minutes until onions are tender; scrape into bowl, and pour olive oil into baking dish, scraping any brown bits clinging to pan into oil with spatula. Add to onions and mushrooms. Season with more salt and pepper; garnish with parsley.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!