- 2 bunches scallions (white and green parts) ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 4-pound chicken cut into pieces
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Place the whole scallions in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, garlic powder, allspice, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, oil, lime juice, and molasses. Spread the spice mixture over and under the chicken skin.
- Place the chicken on top of the scallions. Roast until the chicken is cooked through, about 45 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the roasted scallions and lime wedges, if desired.
Tip: For a more intense flavor, rub the spice mixture over the chicken, then refrigerate for at least 8 hours before roasting.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!