- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups grated or finely chopped carrots (about 4 medium)
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Gradually beat in oil.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Stir in the carrots, pineapple and pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 8-inch round microwave-safe casserole dish.
- Microwave, uncovered, at 70 percent power for 9-11 minutes, or until a moist area about 1 1/2 inches in diameter remains in the center (when touched, cake will cling to your finger while area underneath will be almost dry).
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Invert onto a serving plate.
- Frost cake.
- Store in the refrigerator.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!