- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/3 lbs. (4 medium) potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 s water
- 2 chicken or vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 1/2 s shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
In 2 to 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion; saute 5 minutes. Add potatoes, water and bouillon cubes. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and cook until potatoes are just tender, about 15 minutes. Remove 1 cup of potato cubes with slotted spoon; set aside. Pour contents of saucepan into container of electric blender. Holding lid down tightly, blend until smooth; return to saucepan. Mix in reserved potatoes and broccoli. Over medium-low heat gradually add cheese, stirring until heated through and cheese is completely melted. Season with salt and pepper.
Tip: Reserve 2 or 3 florets with at least an inch of stock to garnish each serving of
soup with ?trees?.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!