- 1 lb extra lean ground beef cooked and drained
- 16 ounces uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup frozen bell pepper/onion stir fry vegetables
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini diced
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives drained
- 1 (14 ounce) jar unsalted tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup fat free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian blend cheese shredded
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 11×7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook and drain pasta shells as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Cook stir-fry vegetables, hamburger meat and garlic in oil 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender.
- Add zucchini; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in olives and 1/4 cup of the pasta sauce. Cook until hot, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese blend. Stir in zucchini mixture until well mixed.
- Fill each cooked pasta shell with about 2 tablespoons zucchini mixture. Place in baking dish. Pour remaining pasta sauce over shells.
- Cover with foil; bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered 5 to 10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!