- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 flour
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups fat free milk
- 16 ozs. frozen broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 s Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Melt butter in large saucepan over medium meat; add onion and cook until tender. Add flour; stir until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Heat until slightly thickened. Add milk, broccoli and potatoes. Cook over low heat about 15 minutes or until broccoli and potatoes are tender. Stir in cheese and seasonings.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!