- 6 split chicken breasts, skinned, all visible fat removed
- 2 tablespoons acceptable vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 4 fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 dry white table wine
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Rinse chicken and pat dry. Set aside. Heat oil and garlic in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown. Remove chicken and set aside. Add onion and green pepper to skillet, and saute until tender. Pour off fat. Return chicken to skillet. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer over low heat 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Remove bay leaf before serving. May be served over rice.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!