Chicken Cordon Bleu Stroganoff
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cups uncooked whole wheat egg noodles
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually stir in broth, wine and mustard. Bring to a boil.
- Add noodles; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken, ham and 1/4 cup cheese until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with green onion and remaining cheese.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!