- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalk celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 package (about 1 pound) vacuum-packed gnocchi
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- In large Dutch oven or pot, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and celery. Cook until vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, garlic and wine. Cook for one minute.
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until flour cooks out.
- Pour in chicken stock, bring to bubble and reduce heat. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium. Add peas and gnocchi. Cook until the gnocchi floats to the top. Check for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Add parsley right before serving. Ladle into bowls.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!