- 2 small pink grapefruits
- 1/2 cup orange juice (or less)
- All-purpose flour for dredging chicken
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon (can substitute 1 tablespoon fresh herb of choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb.)
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
Peel grapefruit and cut into cross section slices and remove seeds. Save all juices and add orange juice to yield 1/2 cup of juice for sauce. Mix flour with tarragon, salt, and pepper and dredge chicken in mixture. Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray and add chicken. Cook over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet, cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Deglaze pan with wine and reserved juice on high heat. Reduce liquid in half, add grapefruit and parsley. Place slices of grapefruit on center of plate, top with sauteed chicken breast and drizzle with sauce. Serves 4.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!