- 8 chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh chopped rosemary
- 3-4 large red potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy, 10-inch ovenproof pan over medium high heat.
- Brown the chicken pieces on both sides, about 6 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. (The skin may be removed at this point.)
- Drain off the excess oil and fat from the pan and return to the heat.
- Add the mashed garlic and the vinegar, scraping the bottom to loosen any browned bits.
- Add the broth and the rosemary and let boil until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Return the chicken to the pan, cover and lower the heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the potato slices with the garlic slivers, remaining oil and salt and pepper until the slices are coated.
- Layer the potato slices over the top of the chicken forming a crust all the way to the edges. Bake uncovered for 40 to 50 minutes or until the potato crust is golden brown.
- Spoon some of the pan juices over the chicken and potatoes with each serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!