- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 chicken broth
- 1/2 apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
Pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. In shallow bowl, combine 4 tablespoons flour, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In another bowl, beat eggs. Dip chicken into eggs; coat with flour mixture.
In skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter and oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove; keep warm.
In small bowl, combine remaining flour, salt and pepper; stir in broth until smooth. Add apple juice to skillet, stirring to loosen any browned bits. Stir broth mixture and add to pan. Bring to boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened bubbly.
Stir in lemon juice; cook for 1 minute. Add parsley and remaining butter; cook and stir until butter is melted. Serve over chicken. Makes 2 servings.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!