- 1 1/2 lbs. large asparagus, trimmed
- salt, as needed
- 1/2 mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onion, thinly sliced
Put asparagus into large skillet of salted, boiling water. Return to boil; boil until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain well; spread on paper towel to cool. Meanwhile, to make aioli, mix mayonnaise with olive oil, water, lime juice and garlic; reserve. Over a piece of wax paper or paper towel, force egg through a sieve with the back of wooden spoon, making sure to scrape off egg that clings to underside of sieve. Arrange asparagus on platter, then drizzle with aioli. Sprinkle with egg, then green onion. Lightly season with salt.
California Asparagus Commission
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!