Around the Table Weekly Email
Get Around the Table in Your Inbox!
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 can (16 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz) chili without beans
- 3/4 to 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Cut bread in half lengthwise; place with cut side up on a foil-lined baking sheet. In a large bowl, combine the beans, chili, spaghetti sauce and garlic; spread over cut sides of bread. Top with tomato and onions. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted.