- 4 ozs. tortilla chips, slightly crushed
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup each sliced seedless black and green olives
- 3 tablespoons chili powder or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Line bottom of 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish with chips; set aside. In large skillet, sauté chicken, onion and garlic in oil until chicken is opaque. Stir in remaining ingredients except cheeses until blended. Pour over chips; top with cheeses and garnish with the sliced olives. Bake in preheated 350° oven, for 30 minutes, or until heated through and cheeses melt. Cover and prepare to be carried to the picnic.
(Serves 6) Should be doubled or tripled, the more people there are.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!