- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 3/4 lb. fresh mushrooms, chopped and saut?ed
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 1 lb. cans tomatoes
- 1 (15 1/2 oz.) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- dash cayenne pepper and paprika
- 1 cup macaroni, cooked (optional)
saute beef until browned, drain; add onion, celery, mushrooms and pepper; cook until almost tender. Add tomatoes, kidney beans and seasonings; cover and simmer slowly two hours. If soup gets too thick, add a little water. Remove bay leaf. Macaroni can be added to bake a more hearty meal.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!