Yield: 6 – 6 ounce servings
Prep time:10 minutes
Cooking time:10 minutes
Total time:20 minutes
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 cups lowfat milk
- 1/4 cup light chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 containers (6 ounces) lowfat chocolate, vanilla or plain yogurt
- 4 ice cubes
- Bittersweet chocolate shavings, optional
- Mix together sugar and cocoa powder in a small saucepan. Add 1/2 cup milk to sugar mixture; stir constantly over medium-low heat 3 minutes or until mixture is hot and sugar is dissolved. Pour mixture into a blender.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 cups milk, chocolate syrup, vanilla, yogurt and ice cubes to cocoa mixture in blender. Process until smooth. Pour into glasses and sprinkle with chocolate shavings or additional cocoa powder.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!