- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- sugar for topping
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and peanut butter until fluffy, then add in the powdered sugar, egg and vanilla (one at a time), mixing well.
- Combine mixture with sifted ingredients, cover and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into a ball, and flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 12 minutes, remove from oven and leave on cookie sheet for a couple of minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Makes 3-4 dozen cookies.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!