- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Beat butter and sugars together in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl; gradually add to sugar mixture. Cover and refrigerate dough 3-4 hours until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- On well floured surface, roll out half of dough at a time, to 1/8-inch thickness.
Cut into desired shapes.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned at edges.
- Cool. Decorate as desired. Makes about 7 dozen cookies.