- 1-1/2 pounds Ground Beef (93% or leaner)
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup ketchup, divided
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup ketchup, onion, egg, Worcestershire, garlic, thyme, pepper and salt in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape beef into 8 x 4-inch loaf on rack in aluminum foil-lined broiler pan.
- Place on upper oven rack in 350°F oven. Bake 45 to 55 minutes, until instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160°F; brush with remaining 1/4 cup ketchup during last 10 minutes, if desired. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into slices.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!