- 1/2 cup butter, melted, cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup half and half or fat-free half and half
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Strawberry Butter:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
Heat oven to 400°. Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin pan cups or line with paper baking cups; set aside. Combine 1/2 cup melted butter, half and half, eggs and almond extract in large bowl; beat with whisk until smooth. Add 1 3/4 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt; stir just until moistened. Gently stir in 1/2 cup coconut and 1 cup finely chopped strawberries. Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups. Combine all streusel ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Sprinkle over muffin batter. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes; remove to cooling rack. Meanwhile, combine all strawberry butter ingredients in small bowl; beat at medium speed until well mixed. Serve with warm muffins.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!