- 5 green peppers (cut in half, lengthwise)
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chiles, undrained (10 1/2 ounces)
- 3/4 can whole kernel corn, drained (12 ounce)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Remove seeds from peppers. Cook in boiling water 2 to 3 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
- Cook onion and garlic in oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
- Combine rice, tomatoes, corn and onion mixture. Mix well.
- Spoon rice mixture into pepper halves. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake again at 350°F for 5 minutes until cheese melts.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!