- 2 pounds small red potatoes (cut into 1/4-inch slices)
- 1⁄4 cup olive or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove (put through a garlic press or peeled and minced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 1 cup peas (fresh or defrosted frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup chop, fresh mint and/or basil leaves (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Put the potatoes in a medium pot and cover with cold water.
- Put the pot on the stove and turn the heat to high.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil, then lower the heat to medium-low and cook until the potatoes are firm but slightly tender, about 7 minutes.
- Pour the potatoes into the colander and set them aside for 10 minutes.
- Put the oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper in the bowl and mix with a fork.
- Add the potatoes to the bowl with the vinaigrette and gently mix with a rubber spatula. Stir in the peas, mint and/or basil, and feta right before serving.
- Serve right away or cover and refrigerate up to overnight.