- 3 cups – yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon – salt
- 1 cup – whole wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons – baking powder
- 1/2 cup – melted butter or safflower oil
- 1/2 cup – honey
- 3 – eggs, beaten
- 2 cups – buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients; mix well.
- In a small bowl, stir together wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until tests done in center with a toothpick.
Makes 24 (2-inch x 2-inch) pieces.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!