- 2 cups (about 1 pound) diced roasted pork (loin, tenderloin, butt or fresh pork leg)
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 7 oz. dry egg noodles
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup (about 4 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
In small bowl thoroughly stir together 1/4 cup broth and cornstarch, set aside. In 4-quart saucepan, bring remaining broth to boil; add noodles, cook for 5 minutes. Stir in bell pepper, peas and pepper. When noodles are tender, stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir until slightly thickened; stir in pork and butter; heat through. Serves 6.
This hearty dish can be served on a cold winter day with crusty French rolls and fresh fruit.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!