- 1 (9 inch) baked pie shell*
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) diced cooked lean ham or turkey ham
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded, reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Onion slices separated into rings, optional
- Green onion curls, optional
In small skillet over medium heat, cook celery, pepper, and onion in butter until tender but not brown, about 6 minutes. Sprinkle vegetables, ham, and cheese into pie shell. Beat together eggs, milk, salt, if desired, and paprika until well blended. Pour over vegetable mixture. Bake in preheated 375 º oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 30 to 40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with onion rings and onion curls, if desired.
*If frozen use deep-dish style.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!