- 20 white mushrooms (about 1 pound)
- 1 1/2 cups lump crab meat
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup scallions (white and green parts), chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/3 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Using teaspoon, lightly scrape mushroom where stem was removed using circular motion to enlarge cavity for stuffing. Set mushrooms aside and discard mushroom stem and shavings.
- Put lump crab into medium bowl and set aside.
- In medium non-stick sauce pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add scallions and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until onions and garlic begin to soften, about three minutes. Remove pan from heat and let onions and garlic cool for about 5 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Add onion mixture, cream cheese, lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce to bowl of crab meat. Using 2 spoons, gently toss crab and cream cheese mixture until just blended (taking care to keep crab meat intact).
- Fill each mushroom with equal amount of lump crab mixture.
- Place breadcrumbs and Parmesan in small bowl. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir mixture until well blended. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter and pour over bread crumb cheese mixture. Stir until well blended. Top each stuffed mushroom with generous teaspoon of bread crumbs.
- Bake stuffed mushrooms about 25 minutes or until mushrooms have browned and crumbs are golden. Remove mushrooms from oven. Serve warm or at room temperature.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!