- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until completely smooth and creamy. Add the sugar and brown sugar and beat until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt together until combined. Slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined. The cookie dough will be quite thick. Stir in the pecans and cranberries.
- Cover dough and chill for at least 3 hours. Chilling is mandatory for this cookie dough.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Roll dough into 1 tablespoon balls and bake for 10 minutes, until slightly golden brown around the edges. The baked cookies will look extremely soft in the centers when you remove them from the oven. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!