- 1 20-oz can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pretzels
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lb fresh cranberries
- Place crushed pineapple in strainer set over small bowl and set in fridge for at least 4 hours and up to 1 day to drain.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Combine melted butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Add pretzels and pecans and toss to coat. Spread evenly onto prepared sheet pan and bake until golden and caramelized, 7-8 minutes, stirring once. Let cool completely, then break into pieces.
- Beat whipping cream to medium peaks and set aside. Beat cream cheese, sugar, orange zest and vanilla together until smooth. Add whipped cream in 2 additions, folding until just incorporated.
- Place cranberries in food processor and pulse a few times to break up into small pieces. In large bowl, combine cranberries, drained pineapple and cream cheese mixture. Stir in candied pretzels just before serving.
Note: Candied pretzels can be made up to 5 days in advance, stored in an airtight container. Cranberry cream cheese mixture can be made up to 1 day in advance, stored in the fridge.