Cranberry Sauce With Apples & Ginger
- 12 oz cranberries, fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 1 apple, cored and chopped into 1/3-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup raw organic honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely minced
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cranberries break down, apples soften and mixture thickens (sauce will continue to thicken slightly as it chills).
- Stir often to prevent sticking on bottom of pan. Transfer to a serving dish or storage container, cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!