- 2 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup carrot, peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, trimmed, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Colby cheese, shredded
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon green onion, sliced
- In a small sauce pan, combine water, brown rice, carrot, celery, and salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in Colby cheese and Greek yogurt.
- Serve garnished with green onion.
Tip: Red chili flakes, hot sauce or jalapenos may be added for a spicy kick.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!