- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
- 1 small red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Salt and pepper to taste
Suggestions: Could omit sour cream; use olive oil, balsamic and/or red wine vinegars, about 1-2 T. mayo, 1 T. minced garlic, dried parsley and, optionally, 1 finely minced jalapeno. Make it at least a couple hours ahead of time instead of putting it together at the last minute.
This combination holds up well for summer picnics. Simply cut raw corn from cob — no need to cook it. Raisins add a sweet surprise.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!