- 1 large russet potato, peeled and quartered
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup corn
- 1 teaspoon prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
Place Russet potato pieces into large saucepan, and cover with salted water. Bring to boil, turn heat down, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add sweet potato, and cook about 15 minutes more. Remove a piece of each potato, and cut it in half to see if it is cooked enough. Once potatoes are tender, add corn kernels; cook another 30 seconds. Drain through colander. Fill saucepan with cold water, and drop vegetables into water. Cool for 5 minutes, and drain. In large bowl, whisk together mustard, lime juice, cilantro, and garlic. Slowly whisk in oil. Mix in salt and black pepper. Cut cooled potatoes into 1 inch cubes, and add to dressing along with cucumber, and red onion. Toss well. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Toss peanuts in just before serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!