- 1 lb. skinless halibut fillets or other white fish fillets
- Egg substitute equivalent to 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1/4 grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cornflake crumbs or plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 fat-free, cholesterol-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Preheat oven to 450°. Rinse fish and pat dry. Cut fish into 24 bite-size pieces. Set aside. In medium bowl, combine egg substitute and skim milk. In a large plastic bag with a tight-fitting seal, combine Parmesan cheese, crumbs and paprika. Add fish chunks to egg mixture, stirring until well coated. Using a slotted spoon, remove fish from egg mixture and place several in bag with crumb mixture. Seal bag and toss until fish is well coated with crumbs. Repeat until all fish is coated. Arrange fish in single layer on a baking sheet or in shallow baking pan. Bake about 5 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. In small bowl, stir together remaining ingredients. Serve lemon tartar sauce with fish.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!