- 2 oz. packaged dried elbow macaroni or tiny tube macaroni (ditalini)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken (about 8 ozs)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped apple
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cashews or peanuts
- 1 to 2 tablespoon(s) milk (optional)
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water. Drain again. In large mixing bowl combine cooked pasta, chicken, apple, celery, and onion. For dressing, in small mixing bowl stir together mayonnaise or salad dressing, yogurt, curry powder, and salt. Pour dressing over pasta mixture. Toss to coat. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours. Just before serving, stir cashews or peanuts into pasta mixture. If necessary, stir in milk. If desired, serve salad in lettuce-lined bowls. Serves 4.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!