- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups cooked shredded boneless, skinless chicken
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 cups grapes, cut in half
- 6 mini whole wheat pitas
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, curry powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chicken, celery, onion, almonds, and grapes and stir, being careful not to crush the grapes.
- Fill each pita with about 1/2 cup chicken salad and garnish with lettuce leaves, if using.