* * * * * Can be paired with Classic Sugar Cut-Outs Recipe * * * * *
- 4 Tbsp. meringue powder
- scant 1/2 c. water
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. light corn syrup
- 1 drop lemon juice
- few drops clear flavored extract (optional)
- Combine the meringue powder and water, beat until foamy.
- Sift in the powdered sugar and beat on low to combine.
- Add in the corn syrup, lemon juice and extract (if desired).
- Increase speed to med-high/high and beat for about 5 minutes, until the icing is glossy and stiff peaks form.
- Do not over beat.
- Color the icing using gel food coloring, splitting the batch in half to make two colors.
- This icing is perfect for outlining.
- To fill in your cookies, add water to your icing a teaspoon at a time, stirring with a rubber spatula, until it is the consistency of syrup.
- This will cover 2-3 dozen cookies in two colors.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!