- 1 package ready-to-bake sugar cookies
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red gel food color
- 48 miniature marshmallows
- White candy sprinkles
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut each cookie in half.
- Roll each half into a ball.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set and golden brown. Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheets before removing to cooling rack.
- Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- To make frosting, in large bowl, beat marshmallow crème and softened butter with electric mixer on medium speed until blended.
- Beat in powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Add food color, and beat until well combined.
- Place frosting in resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Cut off 1 tiny corner of bag.
- Pipe frosting, piling up in hat shape, on top of each cookie.
- Top each hat with miniature marshmallow.
- Gently press sprinkles around bottom edge of each hat so they stick to frosting.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!