* * * * * Can be paired with Cut-Out Cookie Icing Recipe * * * * *
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- In large bowl, beat 3 cups powdered sugar, the butter, vanilla, 1 teaspoon almond extract and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Divide dough in half.
- On lightly floured surface, roll each half 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut into desired shapes with 3-inch cookie cutters.
- Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Decorate as you like.