Deep Dish Taco Pizza
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 pkg. (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 2 cups warm water (120° to 130°), divided
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1/3 cup taco sauce
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Toppings: Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, diced avocado, sour cream, salsa
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine 2 1/2 cups flour, cornmeal, salt and yeast.
- In another bowl, combine 1 1/4 cups warm water and honey.
- Gradually add dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Do not knead.
- Cover; let rest for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, cook and stir beef, crumbling meat, until no longer pink; drain.
- Add taco seasoning and remaining water. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Press dough to fit a greased 9×13 baking pan. Combine beans and taco sauce; spread over dough. Top with beef mixture and cheese.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until the crust is golden and cheese is melted, 15-18 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. If desired, serve with optional toppings.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!