- 1 medium sugar pumpkin
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
Preheat oven to 350°. Wash pumpkin, cut off top, scrape out seeds and discard. Place ground beef in large, deep skillet. Crumble and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain fat, add onion and garlic; sauté slightly. Add sugar, Italian herbs, salt, pepper, tomato juice and rice; mix thoroughly. Layer inside pumpkin with 1/3 of cabbage, green beans and beef and rice mixture. Repeat layers, replace lid and bake for 2 to 3 hours.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!