- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- CARAMEL DRIZZLE:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners? sugar
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE:
- 1 square (1 ounce) semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoons butter
In large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in pecans. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. In small saucepan, bring brown sugar and cream to a boil. Remove from heat; whisk in confectioners? sugar. Immediately drizzle over cookies. In small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
These chewy, toasted pecan treats are a must for cookie munchers. Using caramel and chocolate drizzle makes them doubly delicious. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!